Monday, October 19, 2015

Amazing Homemade Shower and Tub Cleaner




Yuk! The dreaded job of cleaning the bathtub and shower!

We have fiberglass tubs around here that have that wonderful little dimply surface. You know that surface........ Yep, all those little dimples holds onto all of that grime and soap scum making cleaning it all out a pain in the hiney for sure!  Yuck!

But there is an amazing solution!! Thanks to many other smart folks around Google land for posting a recipe for THE most amazing shower and tub cleaner!  A soap scum blasting miracle tub cleaner it is!! And it is sooooooooo simple! And sooooooo frugal and thrifty! And amazingly wonderful!!!!  Can you tell that I love this stuff!  Hey, anything that makes my life easier is thumbs up in my book!

Ingredients:
White Distilled Vinegar
Dawn Blue Dishwashing Liquid

What else do you need?  One spray bottle

How to:
Pour 2/3rd of  a spray bottle with white distrilled vinegar. ( You can warm it first if you like but I did not).

Fill the remainder of the spray bottle(1/3) with Dawn Blue Dishwashing Liquid.

You can do the solution half and half if you like but I found that 2/3rd and 1/3rd combination works just fine for me.

Spray it on the shower, tub and the sliding glass doors.  You can let it sit for a bit if you want. The thickness of the Dawn helps it to stay in place for a bit. 

CAUTION: THIS SOLUTION IS SLIPPERY. USE CAUTION AND BE CAREFUL NOT TO FALL IF YOU ARE IN YOUR SHOWER OR TUB WITH THIS STUFF!
 
All I had to do was clean with a non-abrasive sponge,  a flexible scrub brush for the dimply floor of the shower stall and a small toothbrush for smaller, hard to reach areas!

It worked amazingly well! And easy breezy too!  I am one happy lady!

An easily cleaned shower and tub.  Ah......!  I love clean, don't you?  And easy cleaning is a good thing!

Do you have a favorite shower and tub cleaner?  Please share in the comments!






8 comments:

  1. It's certainly worth a try. Soap Scum....the worst

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will be surprised at how well this works Faith! Let me know if you do give it a try!

      Delete
  2. Will be trying your recipe! Thank you for sharing it on the Art of Home-Making Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Jes! Let me know how you like it. The first time I tried it I was amazed!

      Delete
  3. I'll have to try this on our tile shower - wonder if it would also work on those shower doors? Hummm... Thanks for sharing this post! (stopping by from Our Simple Homestead hop)

    ~Taylor-Made Homestead~
    Texas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use it on our shower doors and I was pleased with the way it removed the soap scum. I hope you have success with it as well!

      Delete
  4. I tried this when I first saw your recipe a couple weeks ago and it works great!
    You have a great looking barn! I love it!!
    Thanks for sharing at this week's Blog Hop!
    http://oursimplelife-sc.com/our-simple-homestead-blog-hop-23/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Tracy! I am glad the recipe worked well for you too! Barn? I don't have a barn.....

      Delete